Tuesday 18 August 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: My Auto-Buy Authors


Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Today's topic is authors whose books I would buy without hesitation:



1. Chris Colfer
I have the first 3 books in The Land of Stories series and I must have them all (they are pretty inside and out - and I can never pass up a beautiful cover)

2. Benjamin Alire Saenz
Specifically, books relating to Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. Much like The Land of Stories, the first book had a beautiful cover and a beautiful story within it.

3. R.J. Palacio
I have made almost every member of my family read Wonder and we all adored it. So far the author has only written books relating to Wonder, but I would love to read some new content by her.

*The rest of this list is going to be Auto-Borrow from a Library, because unfortunately I have to limit myself on how many books I can buy. Also I am mid-series with many books by these authors and I cannot accept having a copy of a sequel and not the first book. It's all or nothing!

4. Maggie Stiefvater
I haven't read many of her past books as their description didn't appeal to me, but NOTHING will get in the way of me finishing The Raven Cycle.

5. Rick Riordan
A series about Annabeth's cousin and Norse Mythology? Sign me up!

6. Sarah J. Maas
I finished Crown of Midnight recently and I cannot wait to see where this story goes.

7. Alexandra Bracken
I read the first book in The Darkest Minds series this year, and I have yet to continue.

8. Sally Green
The idea that not everything is black and white really grabbed my interest in Half Bad, and I'm hoping that we get to see a development in the magical universe Green has created.

9. Agatha Christie
Okay, so I've only read And Then There Were None, but I plan on reading more of her books in the future!

10. Harper Lee
I was uncertain if I would add Lee to this list. To Kill a Mockingbird was one of my all-time favourite books, and I'm still on the fence about picking up Go Set a Watchman.

What authors would you pick up no matter what? Let me know and I might check them out!

- Helia

No comments:

Post a Comment