Tuesday 20 October 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: Wishes I'd Ask the Book Genie to Grant Me

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is wishes I'd ask the book genie to grant me:


1. The ability to read all of my TBR by the end of the year. If this came true then magic has to be real, because my to be read pile is HUGE. There are so many good books out there and I wish to devour them all as quickly as possible but still be able to enjoy them.

2. The ability to read at the speed of light. This links with number 1 and would be the ultimate super power. Sometimes life gets in the way of good reading time, and reading quickly would enable me to read more books in a shorter amount of time which will make room for school and homework and more books.

3. The ability to write more in a short amount of time and not get tired. With this power I could keep writing without needing a break and get stories finished much faster.

4. The motivation to write every day. You know those days that have been simply the worst and make you and your writing feel inadequate? Those need to disappear. Forever. I'm working on it myself, but a little help from the book genie wouldn't hurt.

5. The ability to write long drafts then cut down, instead of writing short drafts and having to edit in more. A common problem for writers is that they write too much and have to edit a lot out. I have the opposite problem. My need to get all of the plot down can prevent me from getting the detail in on a first draft, and it makes editing a lot more tedious.

6. To be able to justify buying more books. I love borrowing from the library but there is something great about owning a book. It doesn't matter if I don't read them more than once - I just love the new book smell and organising my bookshelf to fit in the new members of my book family.

7. A bigger bookshelf. To fit on all the new books, of course.

8. To own more hardback books. I used to dislike hardbacks because they were too heavy to carry around, but they are so much more beautiful than paperbacks. They're also a lot more expensive.

9. For books to be less heavy. Coming from the library with a ton of books would no longer be such a struggle.

10. To never have a reading or writing slump again. Never again will I be lacking inspiration or be put of reading for a while after a particularly bad book.

Link me to your TTTs and let me know what you think of my wishes.

3 comments:

  1. I love your list - especially #1 and #2 ... or just give me more nights where I have nothing else todo but read :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hardcover books, too. They just feel more solid and look prettier than paperbacks. Too bad they're so dang expensive. The Book Genie needs to help us both out with this one ...

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete