Thursday 23 June 2016

Ms. Marvel, Vol 5 // Better Than Ever


Title: Ms. Marvel, Vol 5: Super Famous
Writer: G. Willow Wilson
Genre: Graphic Novel, Superheroes
Rating: 5 stars
Goodreads | Book Depository
I LOVED this volume! Ms. Marvel is better than ever. Now that she's an Avenger she's got a lot more on her plate. A mysterious company has plans to take over Jersey City, and Kamala suspects they're not as innocent as they seem. But with so much going on it feels like she needs to be in multiple places at once.

The storylines were really great. They picked up a while after the last volume left off, and although all the in between wasn't quite explained it didn't feel like I'd missed a thing.

It's so great to see Kamala among some of the coolest Avengers, and I like that some major villains are finally coming in for her to fight against. It feels like there's finally going to be a long term villain which is an awesome change from there being a new one each volume - it'll give the series a more long term plot arc that it's been lacking.

I also liked the fact that Kamala's difficulty balancing home, school and work life is addressed, because that's been a storyline I've wanted to read since volume 2. One of my favourite things about this series is the strong sense of family, and volume 5 had plenty of it.

Lighthearted and hilarious, I get the feeling the giant change that came with Secret Wars won't be as bad as I thought.
Diversity Note: Pakistani Muslim protagonist

No comments:

Post a Comment