Tuesday 16 August 2016

Top 10 Books Set in the Past

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is 10 books with X setting, but I thought that instead of assuming the setting was a place, why not a time? So here are 10 awesome books set in the past!

1. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
Set in the late 1980s
2. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Set in the 1930s-40s
3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Set in the 1840s
4. Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye

5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Set in 1930s-40s
6. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Set in 1925
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Set in the 1930s

8. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Set in the 1950s
9. Sherlock Holmes books by Arthur Conan Doyle
First set in the 1880s
10. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Set in the 1870s


5 comments:

  1. I just got a copy of Jane Steele not too long ago! Also, I think I have said this before, but really, your blog is just so lovely :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it because it's fabulous! And ahhhh! Thank you so much you're too kind <3

      Delete
  2. Love The Book Thief! One of my favourite books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh here's my TTT link if you're interested: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/top-ten-tuesday-70/

      Delete
    2. Same here! I really need to reread it because it's so good!

      Delete