Friday 30 December 2016

December Wrap Up // goodbye to a weird year

Not the most efficient reading month, but it's been a weird one. I've been busy with work and have been a little out of it lately. But looking back at my reading this year as a whole, I have to say I'm impressed with myself. I read over 70 books (something I've never managed before) and found so many new favourites that are now very close to my heart.

Reading Wrap Up
Book Haul
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Post Wrap Up

2 comments:

  1. 70 books is awesome! Well done!
    And ooh, that's interesting that you gave Nevernight 2 stars. I hear all this praise about it, I've bought it, but I'm so reluctant to start it. Guess I'll shelve it for later! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I doubt I will ever top that many!
      Yeah, Nevernight was a bumpy ride. Mia's powers were really cool but there were so many metaphors it was suffocating. Plus there was some questionable ideas in it about beauty and even race that made me a little uncomfortable.But I know a lot of people didn't pick up on those undertones so I am interested in hearing other people's opinions on those matters.

      Delete