Sunday 31 December 2017

December Wrap Up // Looking Up

I'm back to blogging regularly again, and just in time for the new year!

The latter half of 2017 has been tough. It was pretty much 6 months of low mood, and it impacted everything I did. My friendships, my work, and my hobbies all felt worthless. I wanted to quit all of it, this blog included. I didn't go in to university for a bunch of days and I stopped doing the reading. Everything felt like I was sleepwalking, and I still can't work out what exactly caused it. I'm back to feeling really motivated again, and I hope to find a way to maintain this positivity into 2018. Cutting Twitter and reading the news every morning when I wake up out of my life has been a great start. Now I just I need to find a way to process what's happening in the world and in my life and still want to get out of bed.

But that's enough oversharing! I got to see The Last Jedi this month and no spoilers from me but it was absolutely worth the wait. I think I am officially Star Wars trash now and there's no going back for me. I also finally hung my pinboard on my wall after owning it for 4.5 years (you can see it in the photo above) so maybe this means my life is finally coming together?

December's reading was also pretty good. I've been getting ahead on next year's required reading and have been really liking my Science Fiction reading list so far. The Time Machine is my favourite of the month, and I hope to have more 5 star reads in January.


Reading Wrap Up

Post Wrap Up

What did you read this month? Did you have any favourites? Have you read any of the books I read or are any of them on your TBR? Tell me your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment